The man accused of shooting and killing another man outside of Heartbreaker’s last month is being held with no bond.

District Judge David Nelson came to the decision to hold Jonathan Horvath without bond during a hearing at the Williams County Courthouse on Monday afternoon.

Horvath is accused of reckless endangerment, a Class C felony, and murder, a Class AA felony, in regard to the murder of Derrick Spiegel on March 16, as well as two counts of terrorizing, Class C felonies. Horvath allegedly shot and killed Spiegel in front of Heartbreaker’s and then fled the scene.

He was captured in Billings, Mont. on March 18.

During the hearing, Horvath defended fleeing the scene by saying he wanted to make sure his dog was taken somewhere safe before he came back to fight the charges. He maintained throughout the hearing that he had every intention of returning to Williston to cooperate with authorities.

State’s Attorney Nathan Madden argued that Horvath has a long history of violence and not cooperating with authorities and that he considered Horvath to be a great danger to society. Madden recommended to Nelson that Horvath be held on $2 million bond. Nelson instead set no bond.

Horvath is scheduled to have his preliminary hearing and arraignment April 23.

Further details of the alleged murder emerged in an affidavit also filed on Monday by Williston Police Department Det. Cory Collings.

According to the affidavit, Horvath had recently moved to the Alexander area with a roommate, who told law enforcement that he had driven Horvath to the Hearbreakers area from J Dub’s earlier in the evening March 15.

In the video surveillance of the shooting, Horvath had his hand in his pocket as Spiegel approached. Horvath then can be seen holding a light-colored handgun and charging Spiegel.

Two or three shots were fired, with three spent 9 mm casings found at the scene. One hit the front door of Hearbreakers and another hit Spiegel in the “upper neck/head area,” according to the affidavit.

Horvath then dragged Spiegel from the area of the Heartbreaker’s door and onto Main Street, the affidavit said.

Officials have said the shooting occurred following a verbal altercation inside of Whisper’s.